Things to consider:
- Frith. Study and explore this concept. It is obviously foreign to people living in a modern, Western society, and it seems it’s necessary to adjust to suit such a society. I have been reading threads on /r/asatru about frith and it seems the closest comparable modern relationship to ancient frith is what parents usually feel for their children. Sure, they may get mad at their kids, but no matter what, a parent wants to support and care for their child. It’s selflessness to a unique degree.
- Related to frith: inner yard. Anyone in the inner yard is a person with whom I keep frith. So… who is that? To whom do I feel that selflessly obligated?
- Immediate family… so my parents (as much as they piss me off) and siblings.
- Maybe like two other people?
- Extended family to a certain extent?
- Worth. We are our deeds, good and bad. Deeds don’t get erased. Amends are made to the harmed community through restitution. People from your outer yard don’t determine your worth, and you do not calculate your own worth — but you have control over your own worth, i.e. you decide your own actions. This is not the same “worth” as the value intrinsic to human beings, as human beings.
- Orlog is “fate-potential” and wyrd is how our past actions and future actions shape the kind of person we are. More detailed explanation. Orlog is a predetermined, finite block of clay, and wyrd is what we shape it into.